On the Go Breakfasts (Prepping in Bulk)
If your house is like mine than Sunday’s are for family, football, and meal prep. This means menu/meal planning, grocery shopping and then cooking breakfasts and lunches in bulk for the week. I will often use my crockpot for the main portion of my breakfasts and let it run all day before portioning out the food I made for the next week. While this is going on, I will also cut my vegetables and fruits into appropriate serving sizes and have them ready in their containers. Another time saving hack I will use is appliance multi-tasking, so while my crockpot is going, I will also have 2-3 things cooking in oven at the same temperature but for different lengths of time. An example would be vegetables in a 9”x12” pan cooking for 30 minutes and next to it might sweet potatoes on the rack being cooked for 60 minutes both at 400 degrees.
Hopefully by now you’re familiar with the rest of our blog posts about Why You Should Meal Plan, Prepping Breakfast the Night Before and On the Go Breakfasts (Prepping that Morning).
This last installment of our series is here for those of you who are even more of a planner and like everything done for the week. The following recipes will be ones that you can make more in bulk and are specifically chosen because they last a little longer. Some of the recipes/prep will take a little bit longer but should be well worth it at the end of the day.
Meal Prep Banana Egg Pancakes
8 eggs 592 cal/8g cho/48g pro/40g fat
4 bananas 420 cal/108g cho/5g pro/2g fat
1 cup raspberries 64 cal/15g cho/1.5g pro/1g fat
2oz Maple syrup to serve on the side (optional) 147 cal/37g cho/0g pro/0g fat
Serving = 4 medium sized pancakes (1/4 cup of batter)
- Mash bananas together in a large bowl then whisk in eggs.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, then add 1/4 cup batter, cook 3-4 min per side or cooked.
- Add pancakes to meal prep bowls along with fruit
- Maple syrup on the side (optional). Will keep in fridge up to 5 days.
- To freeze: Stack pancakes using wax paper, store in resealable bag.
- Microwave 1-2 minutes to reheat.
- Makes 16-20 mini pancakes (4-5 pancakes per serving)
Recipe from: The Girl on Bloor